Women's Perspective on a Career in International Law
Inspired by the ATLAS series of online profiles, this event, co-organized with the ATLAS Network will feature three prominent women in international law. Coming from different professional backgrounds, they will candidly share their experience and advice with the audience through an interactive discussion.
Panelists will answer question such as:
- What drove you to international law as a career, and what were your first steps?
- What are some of the challenges that you faced coming up in your career, and how did you tackle them?
- What advice do you have for people, particularly women, who are embarking on a career in international law?
- Patricia Galvao Teles, Member of the United Nations International Law Commission and Professor, Autonomous University of Lisbon
- Michelle Jarvis, Deputy Head, International, Impartial and Independent Mechanism on Syria (IIIM)
- Anne Quintin, Head, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Advisory Service on IHL
- Verity Robson, Geneva ATLAS Network and Legal Counsellor, Permanent Mission of the United Kingdom to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
You need to register to attend this event, via this online form.