Sandra Pointet / Geneva Academy
A straightforward Online Application
You can apply for the Master of Advanced Studies in Transitional Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law (MTJ) via a straightforward, online form. If you encounter problems with your application, do not hesitate to contact us.
Please read the information in this section carefully before starting an application, as it will help ensure a quick and smooth application process.
Two Application Tracks
There are two tracks through which you can apply:
Please note that you must choose one track or the other. If you apply through both, your application will be considered under the non-scholarship track. Successful applicants who applied without requesting a scholarship cannot subsequently be considered for a scholarship.
Four Simple Steps
The online application is divided into the following four steps:
- Decide whether apply (1) without a scholarship, (2) with a full scholarship or (3) with a partial scholarship
- Complete the application form
- Attach the required documents
- Submit your application
Retrieving your Information
If you do not complete your application form in one go you have the following two options:
- You can copy and paste or bookmark the URL found at the bottom of the online application form. When you paste this URL into your web browser you will retrieve all the information you have entered on the form, even if you are working from a different computer.
This document provides information about the technical issue to take into when applying online. It also proposes some solutions if you encounter problems.
All the documents required are specified in the online application form and have to be attached to your online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please do not send original documents, as all submitted materials become the property of the Geneva Academy upon receipt. Documents cannot be returned to the applicant nor forwarded to other schools or agencies.
You will need to bring your original diplomas and transcripts to Geneva if you submit non-certified copies with your application.
The documents you have to provide with your application are:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A personal statement explaining your interest in and potential contribution to the programme (1–3 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation – no specific format is required
- Certified copies of relevant degrees and diplomas (with an officially certified translation when not in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish) – if copies are not certified, you will need to present the original documents upon your arrival in Geneva
- Certified copies of official records of university examinations taken and grades obtained (with an officially certified translation when not in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish) – if copies are not certified, you will need to present the original documents upon your arrival in Geneva
- If you are currently enrolled in a university programme, an attestation by the relevant university of your current enrollment with an official record of the latest university examinations taken and grades obtained
- Language tests – TOEFL IELTS, DALF – or verification of language skills (the Geneva Academy does not have an attributed code; please do not use the University of Geneva code, nor the Graduate Institute code)
- A copy of your passport
If you apply for a scholarship (partial or full), you will also have to provide the following documents:
- Proof of your current income (e.g. salary statement, bank statement, tax declaration, employer’s letter) – if such proof is not available, please explain why
- Proof of your family’s financial situation (e.g. salary statement, bank statement) – if such proof is not available, please explain why
- Proof, if applicable, of any financial support you currently receive (e.g. letter from parents, sponsors, scholarship donor)
Use this checklist to make sure you have all the requested documents ready before starting your application.
In order for their applications to be reviewed, all applicants must submit within the week following the submission of their application a non-refundable admission fee of CHF 100.